This heart wrenching report by citizen journalist Johah70757 will cut your soul in pieces to watch, but I had to post it. Japan is evacuating, and as Jonah tries to report on what is happening he comes unglued. The situation at Fukushima nuclear plant is apparently now irretrievable and people are being advised to NOT drink any water in Tokyo and Jonah states that everyone is now leaving, or trying to leave.
Please pray that everyone who is able can get out of Japan as soon as humanly and divinely possible. Pray for Japan!!
Tags: japan evacuating, the evacuation of Japan, Japan nuclear disaster meltdown
News from Japan about the progress of the clean up after recent Fukushima tsunami related nuclear accidents and explosions is mixed, and often conflicting. Here is the latest, compiled from diverse sources. This post will be updated throughout the day, so visit the page and reload for the latest news.
Earlier News Report From Right After the First Explosions – Note Commentary!
radiation forecasting links:
http://www.epa.gov (click on radiation update)
dutch radiation monitoring:
swiss radiation monitoring:
Finland radiation monitoring:
French radiation monitoring: (thanks to youtube user: RehKurts ! )
jet stream forecasting:
- “Japan inquiry into nuclear leak” and related posts (rocketnews.com)
- Japan: radioactivity levels spike in seawater near Fukushima (boingboing.net)
- China reports radiation on 2 Japanese tourists (sfgate.com)
- China reports radiation on 2 Japanese tourists (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- New Worries Arise as High Radiation Levels Increases in Japan Nuke Plant (genzpad.com)
- Japan earthquake: Fukushima reactor nuclear leak causes radiation levels to rocket (dailymail.co.uk)
- Japan inquiry into nuclear leak (bbc.co.uk)
- Alternative News Forum #1 in Search Results for Japan Earthquake Reports, Updates (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- “Japan Fukushima radiation detected in Germany” and related posts (defence.pk)
- All work suspended inside Fukushima plant due to high radiation (rt.com)
- Radiation Spikes in Sea Near Crippled Japan Nuclear Plant (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Japan Says Nuclear Crisis Not Worsening as Radiation Levels Rise (businessweek.com)
- Reactor Core May Be Leaking at Damaged Fukushima Plant (1) (businessweek.com)
- Radioactive seawater in Japan raises new fears of reactor crack – Christian Science Monitor (news.google.com)
- Japan faces new setback in fight to avert disaster at Fukushima plant (guardian.co.uk)
- Fukushima reactors as of March 26 (nextbigfuture.com)
- Radiation spikes in seawater by stricken Japan plant (independent.co.uk)
- Agency: Radiation high in sea near plant (edition.cnn.com)
- Radiation Protection Company Provides Pro-Bono Expertise on Fukushima Nuclear Incident (prweb.com)
- Radioactivity levels soar in Japan seawater (msnbc.msn.com)
- Japan Checks Radiation in Sea Water Dumped on Fukushima’s Damaged Reactors – Bloomberg (news.google.com)
Copyright 2011-3011 By Alternative News Forum, All Rights Reserved.
This is a breaking story first spotted on The Bloomberg News website.This post will be updated every 15 minutes. There is now a 20 mile exclusion zone around the plant which exploded. The plant is located 135 miles north of Tokyo Japan. 22 people have already tested positive for radiation exposure close the the plant. That number is expected to rise. Government officials in Japan are urging calm.
A screen grab taken from news footage by Japanese public broadcaster NHK shows the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power station before (bottom) and after (top) a hydrogen explosion at the number three reactor of the plant, the yellow ring in the top image shows the collapsed building after the explosion. Photograph: -/AFP/Getty Images
Reuters Breaking coverage:
Cited: “Japan’s chief cabinet secretary says a hydrogen explosion has occurred at Unit 3 of Japan’s stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant. The blast was similar to an earlier one at a different unit of the facility.
Yukio Edano says people within a 12-mile (20-kilometer) radius were ordered inside following Monday’s. AP journalists felt the explosion 30 miles (50 kilometers) away.”
Edano says the reactor’s inner containment vessel holding nuclear rods is intact, allaying some fears of the risk to the environment and public.
Breaking video of the most recent hydrogen explosion at Japan nuclear power plant:
Yesterday’s First Explosion, video coverage:
From the Bloomberg website, 45 minutes ago [8:20 pm PT ] :
Tokyo Electric spokesman Daisuke Hirose said smoke was seen rising from the reactor. Japan’s Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency reported earlier pressure at the reactor had fallen and Prime Minister Naoto Kan said the situation remains a concern.
The pressure declined after rising earlier today, Hidehiko Nishiyama, deputy director-general at the safety agency, said at a media briefing. The Fukushima Dai-Ichi station lies 220 kilometers (135 miles) north of the Japanese capital.
Asia’s largest utility is seeking to avoid a meltdown of at least two reactors at the nuclear power station by flooding them with water and boric acid to eliminate the potential for a catastrophic release of radiation into the atmosphere. The station lost power to keep the reactor core cool after the March 11 earthquake, the largest ever recorded in Japan.
On March 12 a hydrogen leak caused a blast that destroyed the walls of the No. 1 reactor. Four workers were injured in the explosion, while no damage was reported to the container holding the reactor’s radioactive core, according to Tokyo Electric.
Winds in the area of the Fukushima plant are blowing at less than 10 kilometers (6 miles) per hour generally in an northeasterly and northerly direction, according to a 9 a.m. update from the Japan Meteorological Agency today.
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Amit Prakash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2011-3011 By Alternative News Forum, All Rights Reserved.
Japanese officials are sending mixed signals to the west regarding the possibility of a nuclear meltdown. Several explosions have already occurred and one report states that radiation levels surrounding the nuclear plant reactor which is 120 kilometers north of Tokyo are over 1000 times above normal.
- Explosion Causes Radiation Leak at Japan Nuclear Power Plant (livescience.com)
- Analysts Debate the Safety of Nuclear Power Plants. (jwitness.wordpress.com)
- Nuclear Power Plants Shut Down Across Japan; State Of Emergency Declared At Five (crooksandliars.com)
- Japan nuclear plant: Japan evacuates 50,000 after nuclear power plant explosion – latimes.com (jamespatrick1.wordpress.com)
- Explosion Forces Evacuation around Japan’s Nuclear Power Plant (waronterrornews.typepad.com)
- Watch Livestream Coverage Of Japanese Nuclear Plant Emergency (mediaite.com)
- Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant (11mar11.wordpress.com)
- Explosion rocks Japan nuclear power plant (nytimes.com)
- Japan earthquake and tsunami: State of emergency after nuclear power plant crippled (dailymail.co.uk)
- Japan earthquake leads to state of emergency at nuclear power plant (mirror.co.uk)
- Americans in Japan alerted to nuclear evacuation (alternet.org)
- Explosion at Nuclear Power Plant in Japan (abcnews.go.com)
- Japanese Nuclear Disaster (outsidethebeltway.com)