Copyright 2011-3011 By CK Hunter, All Rights Reserved.
I just happened upon the new music video for Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” CD release while researching another story. I won’t re-post it because I don’t necessarily want it to appear in the pages of this blog, but if you want to see why I am writing about it you can view the video here.
I don’t care whether my review is liked, hated, flipped off or whatever. This woman’s art form is revolting and her imagery is designed to exalt everything that is dark, while mocking everything which is sane, sound beautiful and sacred.
Art does not have to be explicitly grotesque in order to be ART. Elevating visual grotesqueness to an art form, a purely luciferian inverted art form, is what this woman appears to be doing, without conscience, without forethought, without shame. The pointlessness of her imagery is made worse by her blatant pandering to the global gay community with the huge pink triangles which open and close the music video.
Gaga you are exactly what the worldwide gay community DOES NOT need. We don’t need more macabre bizarreness, we don’t need your particular brand of explicitly demonic imagery and visual themes as a spokes person, we don’t need just one more deranged psychotic celebrity hammering straight America with debauched and disgusting visual imagery while screaming “I was born this way.”
I happen to find this woman and her luciferian art form utterly repulsive and I am not afraid to say so. She seems morbidly appropriate as an “opening act for the advent of the Antichrist” and I consider her rise as an omen that we are living in the final apostate era.
Sadly that is exactly the thought that occurred to me as I sat and endured the 6 minutes of satanic imagery and subliminals which appeared in her video, while she writhed through the music portion. I don’t think I have ever been as sickened by the imagery and hidden messages being broadcast by a performing musician as I have this woman’s work.
As an artist and musician myself, and as a spiritual being, I know that we are spiritually and karmically accountable for the kinds of sounds and images that we imagine, create and ultimately broadcast into the world. Gaga’s body of w0rk is becoming more visually depraved with each release. She keeps lowering the bar, and she keeps re-branding her work with overt gay imagery as she does this. It all makes me furious as a spiritual being, as a gay woman and as an artist.
Being gay does not automatically infer that one is intrinsically demonic, decadent, frivolous, narcissistic, addicted to pettiness, celebrity banality, fucking and clubbing, but just about every image in Gaga’s visual body of work reinforces those damaging stereotypes. Those are the kinds of stereotypes that get gay men dragged behind trucks in the back country, and get gay women beaten senseless while walking to their cars in parking lots late at night. Thanks a lot Gaga. You are doing everything absolutely wrong if you are trying to set yourself up as an international gay role model. You are more a role model for Caligula‘s life and times than anything else that I can see from here.
I really would not encourage people to subject themselves or their young children to the imagery in Gaga’s music videos. I find it horrific that she feels no sense of societal or role model boundaries, knowing as I am sure she does, that little girls and young tweens are influenced by her and are very vulnerable to her imagery.
I grew up in the era of Alice Cooper, David Bowie, shock rock, glam rock, the entire spectrum. This thing that Gaga is doing in her videos is a whole new level of revolting. No way would I want my young nephews to watch this video. I find it appalling that little girls watch it. This woman feels no shame whatsoever in what she is advertising in her musical works. Sitting where she is right now, on the edge of the final visual “bottomless pit”, I highly doubt that she cares one whit who she takes with her on the long journey down.
Chase Kyla Hunter
- Lady GaGa Premieres Born This Way Music Video! Watch HERE!!!! (perezhilton.com)
- Video Showdown: Lady Gaga vs. Britney Spears (923now.radio.com)
- Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way’ Video Is ‘Slimy,’ ‘Sexy,’ Fans Say (mtv.com)
- Lady Gaga Debuts ‘Born This Way’ Music Video (997now.radio.com)
- Lady Gaga Born This Way Music Video (raindropsofsapphire.com)
- Video Showdown: Lady Gaga vs. Britney Spears (997now.radio.com)
- Giggles: Lady Gaga’s make-up tutorial for “Born This Way” (loft965.com)
- Lady Gaga Releases “Born This Way” Music Video (923now.radio.com)
- Lady Gaga ‘Loves’ ‘Born This Way’ Video, Laurieann Gibson Says (mtv.com)
- GaGa Gets A Makeover! (perezhilton.com)
- Lady Gagme Parodies I loved (besthumoryet.wordpress.com)
- Lady Gaga’s ‘Born This Way,’ Frame By Frame (mtv.com)
- New Music Video: Lady GaGa “Born This Way” (dirtywhorelebrity.com)
- Why Lady Gaga’s Video ‘Born This Way’ Gets It All Wrong (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Why Lady Gaga’s Video ‘Born This Way’ Gets It All Wrong (bilerico.com)
- Lady Gaga’s “Born this Way” Officall Music Video (sugarslam.com)
- First Look: Lady Gaga, ‘Born This Way’ (pinkisthenewblog.com)
Nearly 30 years before Lady Gaga wowed us with her living expression of pop art, worn, adorn, in song, and in lyrics, David Bowie was turning the world upside down with his androgyny, outrageous stage presence, his surreal sci-fi costumes, and eye popping musical theatrics. Here’s a brief tribute.
tags: 1970s, david bowie rare recordings, Bowie from the 60s, David Bowie 1966, early audio video david bowie, sublime object of art david bowie, vintage David Bowie, david bowie, YouTube, Television, Arts, Programs, david bowie music tv video, david bowie visual memorabilia, david bowie photo video gallery
Related articles by Zemanta
- Apologies to Lady Gaga: font-nerds CAN read Neutra Face (trueslant.com)
- This Lady’s on fire (thestar.com)
- Rock Stars in Alexander McQueen: Bjork, Gaga, David Bowie, More (rollingstone.com)
- Pop stars pay tribute to Alexander McQueen (guardian.co.uk)
- People Going Gaga Over This Little Lady (man-over-board.com)
My tastes in photography run along surrealist lines. Lady Gaga is the first pop star since David Bowie that has inspired me to collect images of her for the sheer pleasure of it. Alice Cooper did all this 40 years ago; it’s not new, but it is fascinating nonetheless.
Gaga brings a new twist to the over-the-top visual motif, paling Cher to shame. Listening to her speak, one remarks upon her hubris, intelligence and calculated vulnerably soft stage presence when she is in the interview mode. But Lady Gaga is 99% business woman; 9999% pure modern art. There’s my review, case closed.
I’ll give her about a 5-6 year run before she bites it with booze, pills, meth, coke, whatever her flavor is. Micheal Jackson made it to age 50, quite remarkable. I predict Lady Gaga won’t live to be 30. But for a woman like her, that’s not a bad thing. So I don’t say that like it’s a bad thing.
After all, isn’t it the quality of one’s life, not the quantity?
Going For Broke in Latex and Carnelian Ochre
It’s the peep show 24-7 life you’re a living icon
You give it your all, live like a shooting star.
You ignite for the fans on cue, put a quarter in &
the pop star comes out. She’s a can of Pepsi,
now she’s a Coke. Now she’s Lady Buddha,
now she goes for broke.
Patsy, John, Janis, Jimi, Micheal, James:
Marilyn knew that Lady Gaga spurts
the hard way, hurts all the long flight home
Celluloid grrls like her don’t live for a very
long time. Judy knew this too. Her baby
Liza carved her face up and stretched the
pain around like silly putty. Judy watches
from heaven, then frowns. Yadl Agag is
Lady Gaga spelled backwards. You know,
the back wards, over there, way down the hall.
Then: Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the
most outrageous one of all? You, torching
scorching, eyes all wet at the slightest
provocation, you flatter your way along.
Song retro fever blister, she kissed a girl
take a number, now stand over there: Stop. Pose.
Launch that ship with a smack on the
hip Lady Gaga. Weep in your limosine alone.
You surely know that you won’t live long, yet
you won’t be forgotten Mr. Andy Warhol knows.
He conjured you in his noonday soup it was 1962
back down the hall his mother was screaming
will you leave that girl alone.
Andy donned his jacket he strolled down the street
Things were a whole lot simpler back then.
Copyright Chase Hunter 01.21.2010
Tags: lady gaga, gagaland, gaga, photos lady gaga, lady gaga photographs, images gaga, lady gaga art photos images, gaga fashion, gaga theatre, gaga stage attire, gaga stage apparel, theatre, art theatre, images art theatre music, stage performances lady gaga, musical acts lady gaga
Related articles by Zemanta
- Gaga Land (artopia444.wordpress.com)
- A Note Scribbled By Her Taxi Driver (artopia444.wordpress.com)
- Lady Gaga Claims Dead Aunt Saved Her from Addiction (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
- Lady GaGa Topless for Q Magazine (current.com)
- Lady Gaga’s New Monster Ball: Photos of Her Big Electro Opera (rollingstone.com)
- Lady Gaga To Wear Fake Penis (idiomag.com)
- Lady Gaga, Kate Moss Attend Alexander McQueen’s Funeral (mtv.com)
- Gaga show attracts the curious, the bizarre and the fun-seekers (windsorstar.com)