11.24.2010 By Chase Kyla Hunter
For those of us baby boomers who recall fondly watching “Dirty Dancing” over and over and over in the 1980s when the film debuted, Jennifer Grey’s win brings up many happy memories. At 50, Jennifer proved she’s still got what it takes to tear up the dance floor and light up the room. Her win over Bristol Palin was an 11th hour victory.
Bristol Palin had competed very well throughout the competition, and lasted up to the final broadcasts of this season’s show. Liberal “Bristol haters” who were viewers of the show had shown their uglier side toward Palin repeatedly during the dance competition, going so far as to accuse conservative American tea party members who watched the show of voting multiple times and cheating to keep Palin on the show.
It was noted by media watchers with comedic irony that those who barked the loudest against Bristol winning each week admitted they usually didn’t vote, making their complaints a ridiculous and moot point. It occurred to me in learning that the whiners and complainers about Bristol mostly did not vote, how similar the aura surrounding the TV show, was and is, to the rampant stupidity which now prevails in American politics, where young mouthy arrogant liberals attack conservative values pretty much, non-stop, yet will admit privately that they don’t even vote.
Even the conservative stalwart and ebay billionaire Meg Whitman [who lost ] had to explain to America why she had the audacity to run for office after not voting for 24 years.
Show MC Tom Bergeron, who himself is a liberal democrat, [ although apparently a much more intelligent and sensible man than the irrational ranting liberal viewers who shouted “foul” throughout the competition due to Bristol’s success ], was furious at viewer allegations that tea party viewers were cheating by voting for Bristol again and again. He was forced to explain several times that it is technically impossible to record multiple votes for the same contestant on the show, but this did not stop angry liberal viewers from continuing to accuse Bristol of remaining on the show illegally.
The [“Bristol must be cheating! How can America vote for her?!”] furor nearly spoiled the fun of just enjoying watching a national celebrity dance competition.
Bristol,much to her credit, remained a lady at all times, and kept her dignity throughout the accusatory melee, proving that just like her very famous and very outspoken mother, she can maintain her composure under fire, and will not buckle or stoop to name calling under pressure.
That happens to be a quality that will certainly come in handy should she become the daughter of the first woman president in American history two years from now. So we have a had an excellent opportunity to have a look at the real character of Sarah Palin‘s daughter Bristol, who I am proud of today for the way she conducted herself throughout the ‘Dancing With the Stars‘ competition. If Bristol was not a young woman of potentially powerful assets of personal character, she would not have come under such attack. Remember Bristol, they attack the rising stars they fear the most. Take it as a compliment, if anything.
Chase Kyla Hunter
- Jennifer Grey wins “Dancing with the Stars” (omg.yahoo.com)
- Jennifer Grey Breaks Out the Watermelon for ‘Dancing with the Stars’ Finale (thegloss.com)
- Jennifer Grey is the winner of Dancing With the Stars (panasianbiz.com)
- “Dancing With The Stars Jennifer Grey beats Bristol Palin, Kyle Massey” and related posts (zennie2005.blogspot.com)
- Dirty Dancing Star Grey Is Cha-Cha Champ (news.sky.com)
- Moraes on TV: Jennifer Grey wins ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 11th season; Bristol … – Washington Post (news.google.com)
- Jennifer Grey on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Win (abcnews.go.com)
- Jennifer Grey Beats Bristol Palin To Win DWTS (lezgetreal.com)
- Jennifer Grey Wins DWTS, Bristol Gets Third Place (omg.yahoo.com)
- Five Things to Know About Jennifer Grey’s Dancing With the Stars Victory (eonline.com)
- Jennifer Grey: ‘DWTS was a challenge’ (digitalspy.co.uk)
Copyright 11/20/2010 – 3010 By CK Hunter, All Rights Reserved. Re-posts permitted keeping essay intact only.
Just when you thought young Americans could not possibly become any more stupid, they go and do it again. Tom Bergeron‘s “fuck you” to those loud whiners who actually believe there is some sort of “conspiracy”going on in America by tea partiers to keep Bristol Palin on ‘Dancing With the Stars‘ is completely justifiable in my opinion.
Tom is justiably irritated because those who are whining the loudest have also admitted that they DON’T EVEN VOTE ON THE SHOW, thereby nullifying the credibility of any comments or opinions they have about ANYTHING that takes place on the show.
It’s just like politics: If you don’t vote, then shut the hell up. You have zero right to whine and complain about anything. You are on the sidelines, viewing the process as a spectator sport. Only by participation in the voting process, whether it’s inane silly TV, or an inane and silly national presidential election, do you get to earn the right to comment by PARTICIPATING.
Tom is a liberal democrat and he’s up front about it. But he had no patience when he discovered that many of the people whining, complaining and theorizing about why they suspect Bristol Palin is still on the show, routinely don’t even vote on “Dancing With the Stars.’
I actually think that Bristol is still on the show because she is giving it her all, and dancing her heart out. She’s playing to win .Bristol Palin has a chance to win this competition and she deserves it, fair and square.
It takes guts to get up there week after week and lay it all on the line for all Americans to see. I would guarantee you that the loudest whiners and complainers could not even dance their way out to the front porch to get the newspaper, much less last 8 weeks in a national live TV dancing competition.
So I’d like to add my own “f—k you” to everyone everywhere who has the gall to speculate about why Bristol is still on the show – and who don’t vote each week: “Shut up fool. If you are not voting, just sit down, and shut up. No one cares what you have to say.”
Chase Kyla Hunter
Here’s an excerpt of the Tom Bergeron interview: See http://www.movieline.com/2010/11/tom-bergeron-talks-to-movieline-1.php
Let’s talk about this season of Dancing with the Stars. Can you gauge audience reaction during the taping? Is there noticeable commotion when Bristol Palin gets the lowest scores but isn’t eliminated? Or when—
Here’s the thing. Let’s address the Bristol thing. That’s the thing I get the biggest kick out of on the show. I’m going to put on my political hat. I’m a liberal Democrat, and I state that proudly. But I have no patience with my friends who believe there is a conspiracy keeping Bristol on the show. They’ll say, and they’re friends of a similar political persuasion though I have friends across the spectrum, “Oh, well! She’s still on the show! She’s obviously not the best dancer! She gets the lowest scores!” My response to that is similar to my response to the midterm elections. I’ll say, “OK, right. So who did you vote for instead of Bristol?” “Uh, well, I don’t vote!” “Well, then, f*ck you.” I mean, basically! You can clean that up. I have no patience for that! If you don’t participate to create a different outcome — and this can be true in national politics or a TV reality show — then don’t piss and moan if you don’t like the way it’s playing out.
- Why Is Bristol Palin Still on ‘DWTS’? Host Tom Bergeron Explains (VIDEO) (tvsquad.com)
- Dancing With the Stars Elimination: So, Did Bristol Palin Make the Final?! (eonline.com)
- If Bristol Palin Wins, ‘Dancing’ Is Ruined (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Bristol Palin fans “did not” ruin “Dancing With the Stars”” and related posts (hotmommagossip.com)
- ‘Dancing’ chat: Who’ll be in the finals? (pbpulse.com)
- Bristol Palin receiving threats at ‘Dancing with the Stars’? (hollywoodnews.com)
- Bristol’s Show Success Blasted (foxnews.com)
- Tom Bergeron Celebrates Dancing With the Stars’ 200th Episode (seattlepi.com)
- You: An uproar over Palin – Bristol, that is (latimes.com)
- Bristol Palin Battles DWTS Conspiracy Theories (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bristol Palin May Win A Dancing Competition (manolith.com)
- The Stir: Are Bristol Palin DWTS Fans Cheating? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Chris Jones: Bristol Palin Makes It To The Finals, Liberals Cry (thehotjoints.com)