- Kenneth Branagh knighted by Queen Elizabeth II (miamiherald.com)
- Tongue In Cheek About New World Order? A MESSAGE FROM THE QUEEN ? (annlrd.wordpress.com)
- A post-elections message to the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II (ireport.cnn.com)
- Awesome pantone swatch book of Queen Elizabeth II (lostateminor.com)
- thepoliticalnotebook: Protesters march in London against cuts…. (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Out in Force: 300,000 to march in London anti-cuts protest (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- As Many As 250,000 People Are Protesting Budget Cuts In London Right Now (businessinsider.com)
- London’s Day of Rage: Half a Million March Against Budget Cuts (newsfeed.time.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: LONDON: Hundreds Strong Mob Attempt To Hijack Peaceful Anti-Cuts Protest (lostchildreninthewilderness.wordpress.com)
- “Thousands join anti-cuts protest” and related posts (rocketnews.com)
- London shops attacked as 250,000 protest spending cuts (thestar.com)
- Anti-Cuts “March for the Alternative” Draws 500,000 Protesters in London (newsfeed.time.com)
March 2011 has brought Americans yet another dire omen of political and foreign policy ill winds to come: we are now inching toward becoming embroiled in Libya, against all better common sense and judgment. I do not agree with Sarah Palin on this one. Sometimes you just have to let these nations work out their own destinies without sticking your foreign policy fingers and your overbearing cruise missiles into the mix, thus making it all potentially much worse.
Anymore, what we used to call “foreign policy” in America has seemingly become just one long intellectual justification for the U.S. military machine to do whatever the hell it wants to, whenever and where ever it wants to.
Whatever happened to the will and consent of the American people in all this? It’s our money that’s being spent here.
While the US military rained down at least 100 cruise missiles onto Libya, causing more than 60 civilian casualties, Barack Obama gave a speech on human rights in Brazil. The resulting utter political and humane cognitive dissonance was loud enough to be heard back in the states all the way from South America.
As the Obama White House adds yet another overseas military Op to it’s list of “things to do when you are utterly bankrupt”, it seems more and more that the US does not exactly “go to war” in a definitive manner anymore. We just kind of kick around, hands in pockets, muse it all over, then more or less sort of “stumble in”, and fall into some kind of rote in so doing that makes me really wonder not only who’s really in charge, but what kind of thinking allows that in the shape we are in financially here at home, what orchard where money grows on trees are we now plucking from now to justify the cost of yet another military intervention?
I am sick over this, just sick over it. I am sick of death, and men and their ridiculous wars, and the insane justifications that are conjured up each time our military does this. We literally can’t afford to do this. I avoided reporting on it for a week because I just COULD NOT BELIEVE that in the wake of Iraq, that we were going to crank up yet another overseas military involvement. Our miserable UN assigned “job” as the world’s military police force has bankrupted our nation, cost thousands of precious young American lives, and is now soon to incite world war three in the Mideast if we don’t stop this.
If we are now going to intervene in Libya, it would stand to reason we would then intervene throughout the entire Mideast region. Nothing makes sense anymore.
Just the mere thought of Barack Obama making a speech in Brazil on human rights as US military intervention cranks up in Libya makes me ill with the utter sight of the duplicity of it all. I have never wanted a man OUT of the White House like I want this man OUT. It goes without saying that this is the most disastrous president I have seen in my lifetime. 2012 cannot get here fast enough for me. Vote this incompetent SOB out of the White House in 2012 before he leads us straight into a final nuclear conflagration in the Mideast that could spread all around the world.