We rarely get to see the moments in the lives of famous people when they forgot the camera was looking and just relaxed. Before the days of excessive papparazzi-ism was a time when the photographer tagged along with the famous person, almost like an extended family member. This was especially true of famous musicians. Some of the most incredible photos of famous people were of course, never planned, staged, or arranged in advance. They were caught as life happened, giving the viewer a rare glimpse into the soul of the artist.
- Elvis Presley ‘would have been amazed’ by tributes, says Priscilla (telegraph.co.uk)
- The Many Watches of Elvis Presley (raymondleejewelersblog.com)
- Elvis Remembered in Art (centeredonart.wordpress.com)
- Elvis Presley’s fans remember “king of rock’n’roll’ (english.ruvr.ru)
- Elvis Presley fans flock to Graceland to mark 35th anniversary of death (telegraph.co.uk)
- Elvis Presley – Elvis Presley’s Bible To Be Auctioned In Memorabilia Sale (contactmusic.com)
- Thousands mark Elvis’s death, get surprise visit (cnsnews.com)
- Classic Photos of Celebrities (undisputedlegal.wordpress.com)
- Elvis Presley 35th Anniversary (radiomaxmusic2.wordpress.com)
- Photos: Vigil in Graceland marks 35th anniversary of Elvis Presley’s death (photos.mercurynews.com)
Just about every other baby boomer I know has seen the enigmatic erotic photograph of a young Elvis Presley touching tongues with a mysterious shapely blonde backstage. For decades the photo was gossip fodder and speculation abounded as to who the mystery date might be. This past August, Alanna Nash, a writer for VANITY FAIR, finally solved the mystery, and in so doing introduced a historical treasure of rarely seen photographs of a young 21 year old Elvis Presley courting Barbara [ Bobbi ] Gray in Richmond Virginia during a two day concert date there. Enjoy.
Copyright 2011-3011 Artopia444 All Rights Reserved.
- we need a change in hip hop (jimboski36tv.wordpress.com)
- Tommy Hilfiger’s Hip-Hop Offspring Is a Real Foul-Mouthed Homophobic Delight (queerty.com)
- Guess What Hip-Hop Star Is Showing His Feminine Side? (casasugar.com)
- VIDEO: Islamic hip-hop act tours Indonesia (bbc.co.uk)
- New hip-hop film Saigon Electric is screening (brooklynvegan.com)
- Hip hop artist Segment releases new digital single, “No More Lies” (kissuebabobear.wordpress.com)
Copyright 2011-3011 By Chase Kyla Hunter, All Rights Reserved.
There is nothing I despise more than make-believe gay people. The only reason Lady Gaga is all “out front” for gay marriage rights and other legal issues affecting gays and lesbians is because they fill the stadiums and the cash till for her CD releases. Lady Gaga is not gay, she won’t admit to anything more than “kissing a girl” [big deal ] in interviews, but when she gave her little speech in the link below, she refers to herself via implied semantics as part of American gay culture. Lady Gaga may have claimed gay people as “her people” but I sure as hell don’t claim her. She’s off the charts bizarre, and I think what she does is corrupting to young girls in America, far worse than anything Madonna ever did back in the 80s and 90s. Gaga is a cheap “Madonna knock off” and nothing more. It’s the most tedious thing in the world to have to sit through her “political speeches” where she claims herself as a leader of gay culture. Gaga has never known for a single split second in her multi-million dollar protected elitist world the kind of insults, suffering, presecution and hatred on a day to day basis that ACTUAL gays and lesbians go through. She has NO idea. Her politics have everything to do with keeping those stadiums filled with young gay paying screaming fans. She’s “gay positive politically” for the cash it brings in, and nothing more.
As a lesbian, the ongoing sell job, the “Lady Gaga American big media game show” intrigues me, but not in a good way at all. I see the whole thing [Gaga overkill in big media magazines, TV, Glee’s fawning over Gaga’s new music, the ongoing hype] as an out-picturing of the Illuminati owned media dream to flood Americans with ever increasingly depraved ideas, images, TV shows, music, people, and concepts until the average American no longer is able to discern fundamental good from evil. I’m quite sure that’s the goal of Illuminati owned mass media outlets, and has been forover 40 years now. Everything I observe in TV and pop culture media outlets confirms this theory.
Big Media has now really stepped up the debauchery factor by choosing Lady Gaga as their high priestess of visual disgust. I officially nominate Gaga as the personal incarnation of the Great Whore of Babylon. She fits the bill in every way.
I’ve had several interesting conversations recently with other gay friends about what most straight Americans think that the “gay lifestyle” is all about.It’s widely known that even though Gaga is sexually ambiguous, she enjoys her self-appointed role as “spokes woman” for gays, lesbians, transgendered and bisexual people.
Tragically, most every straight American I have ever met or talked to still mostly carries the typical notion that gay people are all petty, narcissistic, exhibitionists who parade around in next to nothing, watch the most trivial TV and films, talk Hollywood gossip incessantly, that they know more about fashion, make-up and pop culture than mostly anything else.
Why shouldn’t straight America feel this way? That’s been the classic Big Media and Hollywood portrayal of gays and lesbians for as long as I can recall, since way before the years of TV’s “Will and Grace.” Little or nothing is known of the millions of quiet, conservative, hard working, self effacing American gays and lesbians who would just as soon blend into the woodwork of American life, than to stand out.
They feel this way and live like other “normal” people do, for the very reasons that millions of other straight Americans are grossed out by gays! Conservative gays and lesbians have NO desire to be affiliated with the screaming, parading, near nude, in-your-face Hollywood narcissist liberal versions of their peers that we are constantly being force fed by the media. I actually failed to be able to sit through one entire episode of “Glee” because, like 98% of pop culture TV, it just bored me to tears. I am friends with and know hundreds and hundreds of other gay men and women who feels exactly the way I do. We inwardly groan every time we have to witness yet another mindless episode of “Ellen”, which I also have a hard time sitting through, and we groan every time Lady Gaga comes out with yet another revolting music video where murder is glorified, or some other wickedness that she wallows in is peddled as “high art” to the brainwashed masses.
There is a secret subculture of gays and lesbians who refuse to participate in the present mass media orgy of: “Don’t you just love those wild naked banal, and self obsessed, narcissistic gays?! Wow – they sure know how to throw a party! I wanna be just like them!”
I personally cannot get far enough AWAY from that message and that mentality. I might represent about 70 to 80% of how gays actually feel about the way we are represented in the media, but I don’t really know. If anyone has recently done any studies on any of this mass media typecasting of me and my gay / lesbians fellows, I am not aware of it. But I was sick of Lady Gaga and her PR antics a year ago. I am way past sick of having her as a self appointed “mass media representative” for the American gay community.
Lady Gaga is just exactly the kind of bad press and disastrous PR that the American gay community DOES NOT need. It’s no wonder that many Christian fundamentalist still think that gays and lesbians are intrinsticly “demonic.” Lady Gaga, as a self-appointed “spokes person for American gays” is more than just a little bit actually demonic herself. She certainly creeps me out and I have no problem admitting that. Normalcy is sexy. And there is nothing “normal” about Gaga, her stage act, her opinions, her philosophies or her aura, in general. I find the woman more than a little bit on the “intrinsically psychotic” side of the spectrum.
Just between me and “she”, Lady Gag Me is so FIRED. She does not represent anything that I want to be affiliated with as a gay woman, or as a woman, period. I want nothing to do with whatever it is that she represents, which I am pretty sure is just her own narcissistic self image and the advancing of her personal fortunes and media empire. Empty is as empty does Gaga.
Chase Kyla Hunter 2.10.2011
Move over, Justin Bieber. You’ve got Glee-ful company.
Ryan Murphy, creator of the Fox series, says a future episode will feature a single that hasn’t even been released yet: Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way.”
How will Glee utilize her new song, due out in February (the album of the same name comes out in May)? It’ll involve Kurt’s nemesis, Karofsky.
BORN THIS WAY: Glee will devote an entire episode to the song.
“I love that that song is anthem,” says Murphy. “So I don’t really know what [it’s] going to be yet, but … we’re going to do a whole episode that’s about that song.”
Here’s that one verse re-mixed over a Gaga-esque beat …
- Lady Gaga May Be the Next Poser Chola-in-Chief (alternet.org)
- Lady Gaga Releases “Born This Way” (blogcritics.org)
- PHOTO: Lady Gaga Leaks ‘Born This Way’ Cover (huffingtonpost.com)
- Lady Gaga tells Vogue she wants new album to be ‘best of decade’ (thestar.com)
- Under Cover: Lady Gaga’s American ‘Vogue’ Is Here! (thegloss.com)
- Gaga wants new album to be ‘best of decade’ (pbpulse.com)
- “Born This Way,” Lady Gaga’s Latest Single, Coming Friday! (okmagazine.com)
- Gaga wants new album to be ‘best of decade’ (ctv.ca)
- Lady Gaga previews Born This Way (guardian.co.uk)
- Lady Gaga ‘Born This Way’ Release Details Unveiled (mtv.com)
- Lady Gaga is not lacking in the confidence department (hollywoodnews.com)
- Lady Gaga Says ‘Born This Way’ Was ‘An Immaculate Conception’ (mtv.com)
- Lady Gaga To Release ‘Born This Way’ Early (mtv.com)
- Lady Gaga’s new single all ready to be on ‘Glee’ (hollywoodnews.com)
- Glee to Pay Homage to Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Glee’s Max Adler Says He’s Prepping for Karofsky’s … Lady Gaga Moment? (omg.yahoo.com)
- Lady Gaga Releases Album Cover (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Lady Gaga Goes Pink In Vogue (socialitelife.com)