The sparsity of actual solid news reporting by American media outlets on the emerging radioactive aftermath of multiple Fukushima Reactor explosions has distressed the American public, further it’s made “breaking news reports” more urgently needed from competent bloggers and online alternative news outlets.
While the mainstream American media has now moved on to renewed interest in their more routine topics such as Libya, US politics, Hollywood et al, successive waves of incoming weather set adrift by the constant pacific jet stream have suddenly become urgent topics of news and commentary for Americans, especially those on the west coast. You tube reporters working from home have made constant and valuable contributions to our understanding of what is taking place, and it’s now becoming clear that soon the so called “alternative” news media, may in fact become THE FUTURE of news media.
While “We the People” press on, slowly taking back their country, a NEW news media that supports and actually follows and listens to “We the People” is now emerging with them. With one eye on the post I am always writing, and another on what Big Media is doing, I have been incredulous as I watched in recent days while Big Media moved on from the Japan disaster, minimizing and mostly ignoring the concerns of American families, who still wonder how safe our own air is in the wake of multiple explosions at Fukushima. In contrast I have watched brilliant citizen journalism explode out of nowhere, as more alternative news media sources sprang to life with hourly updates, videos showing USA Geiger counter reports, and up-to-date jet stream data.
This point was driven home tonight when I innocently ran a Google search, looking to see if any new earthquakes had hit Japan in the past 24 hours. It was my own web portal, Alternative News Forum, that came up number 1 in the search results. I’m definitely pleased to be #1 in the results, but it does make me wonder: where are the reporters who should be writing about the ongoing radiation issues surrounding the collapsing Fukushima Reactor complex?
When a part time home based news blogger hits number one in the search results for news about earthquakes in Japan and jet stream radiation reports, shouldn’t we all be really worried about the lack of reporting on this issue? I’m not ready to speak the dreaded phrase “news blackout” because it’s just too insane to even consider. But why are there so few American media outlets reporting hourly on this situation in the United States?
Here’s the screen shot:
Chase Kyla Hunter 3.24.11 1:22 am pacific time
- Eyes Wide Open Continues (via Alternative News Forum) (angelbabe43.wordpress.com)
- ALERT: US News Media Under-Reporting Actual Reactor Conditions in Japan, Nuclear Fission Possible (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- Japan: Severe Gasoline Shortages in Earthquake Aftermath (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- Luxury Underground Bunker Business Is Booming Post Japan Disaster (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- Lady Gagme’s New Music Video Most Explicitly Demonic Work Yet (via Alternative News Forum) (angelbabe43.wordpress.com)
- UPDATED: Lost and Found, A Video Salvaged from Censored YT Acct of mkbutterfly71 (via Alternative News Forum) (angelbabe43.wordpress.com)
- 7.4 Earthquake Hits Christchurch New Zealand, Between The Earthquakes In Christchurch (via Gifts Of The Journey) (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- Fukushima Reactors Rising Smoke Workers Have to Evacuate (livingstrongandhappy.blogspot.com)
- ALERT! High Possibility of Fukushima Nuclear Reactor Meltdown, Say Japanese Nuclear Safety Officials: Check USA Incoming Jet Stream Maps (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- Alternative News Media Websites (rickladd.com)
- Apply Pressure to Your Representatives to STOP Federal Spendathon (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- USA Radiation Fallout Reports By Citizen Journalists 3.22.11 (biblicaltimes.wordpress.com)
- RT London, on Libya: “This is Not A No fly Zone. This is the Bombardment of Civilians By Allied Forces.” (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)