There have been 1200 seismic events in China in the last 90 days. On Thursday in Japan a 7.9 quake and an 8.8 quake struck followed by a catastrophic tsunami in the early afternoon on 3.10.11. Videos covering this event are posted below.
This is breaking news and this post will be frequently updated. I was evacuated from Crescent City California (where I was traveling on my way north to Seattle) all day today, so I am late reporting on what took place, just got back online 9:30 pm 3.11.11.
A TSUNAMI WATCH has been issued for Guam, The Philippines, Soul South Korea and Hawaii on 11 pm 3.10.11
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in the U.S. state of Hawaii said a tsunami warning was also in effect for Russia, Marcus Island and the Northern Marianas. It said a tsunami watch was issued for Guam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Indonesia and Hawaii.
For the latest tsunami alerts See http://www.weather.gov/ptwc/
- 8.8 Earthquake struck Japan triggering a Tsunami Alert (thetravelexpose.com)
- Japan earthquake and tsunami video: The moment the wave strikes the coast (mirror.co.uk)
- Japan earthquake and tsunami: what happened and why (guardian.co.uk)
- BREAKING: 8.9 Earthquake Hits Japan, Followed by Tsunami (newsfeed.time.com)
- Breaking 3.11.11 Two Huge Asian Earthquakes, China 8.8, Japan 7.9 (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- Japanese Earthquake – 11th March 2011 (philbray.wordpress.com)
- What You Should Know About Tsunamis (buzzfeed.com)
- BREAKING: Earthquake Off Cost Of Japan, Tsunami Warnings Across Pacific UPDATES: USGS Says It Was An 8.8, Tsunami Has Hit Japan, Tsunami Warnings Across The Pacific, Strong Aftershocks Being Felt In Japan (minx.cc)
- Videos: Japan earthquake and tsunami footage (elspethlodge.com)
- FULL COVERAGE of Japan tsunami, earthquake (thegazette.com)