3.14.2010 By CK Hunter
RE: Telephone: I watched it. I really didn’t enjoy it.
I actually clicked it off after the cafe mass murder aka group poisoning party, and went on with my day. So I don’t know how it ended and don’t really care.
I don’t think mock art video about poisoning a cafe full of people is remotely cute, chiche’, vogue, ‘fascinating’ or even mildly entertaining.
There are too many vulnerable boy and girl tweens in America who love and follow Gaga, who will just run right downstairs after watching this video, and try to act this stuff out their moms because they got grounded. Or whomever.
Then people wonder why their kids are acting like serial killers by the age of 11, 12, 13. Well why not? They have watched music videos like this one for 8 or 9 years as kids, and they literally can’t tell the difference anymore between good and evil. It’s all mixed up in their heads, just like this video, just like Gaga. Do visual artists like Gaga EVEN REALIZE that there are 20 or 30 million children in America, who watch music videos? Duh. WTF.
There is a line.
Not sure how one defines that “line” in society – but there is a place, a psychological and visual “zone of demarcation”, where fascinating surreal themed visual art and muscial entertainment fades into explicit images of glorifying death, morbidity, horror, and crosses over from being entertaining into the realm of appalling. The disturbing visual imagery that gets blasted into your face watching this video is just not needed in the world. We see enough of that kind of imagery in real life everyday.
I found myself thinking that while watching the video…”Does the world really need this kind of imagery? Is this contributing anything truly GOOD to the world?” I decided: Not. She goes. Good bye to Gaga, on this blog and my others.
I had earlier been just a teeny bit fascinated with Gaga artistically. Now I’m just routinely appalled by her, again and again. Maybe it’s just me, [and frankly, I don’t care if it IS just me], but incorporating mass murder into one’s “music “video art piece” really doesn’t interest me.
I am still on a visual quest, still looking for those other rare and precious artists who are actually CREATING BEAUTY AND UPLIFTING THE HUMAN SPIRIT. Gaga is not one of them. Most definitely not. In fact, there is something more than a little bit psychotic abut the art she creates, and psychotic is NOT sexy. Not to me anyway.
Her artisitc personal exhibitionism has finally passed over from “desperate to be seen and famous” into just “desperately sickening and utterly disgusting’.
- lady gaga & beyoncé – telephone – the video! (popbytes.com)
- video fix: behind-the-scenes of ‘telephone’! (popbytes.com)
- lady gaga & beyoncé – telephone – the poster! (popbytes.com)
- CRIMINAL: ‘Incubus’ Video Released (idiomag.com)
- beyonce / lady gaga – video phone – video! (popbytes.com)
- First Look: Stills From Lady Gaga’s Upcoming Telephone Music Video (shoppingblog.com)
- What Would Nicole Scherzinger ‘Telephone’ Lady Gaga About? (mtv.com)
- Video: Lady Gaga âTelephoneâ (idiomag.com)
- Christians Under Attack, Part II (powerlineblog.com)
- California: Bachelor #1 Begs for His Life – Serial Killer Rodney Alcala Convicted (alligatorfarm.wordpress.com)
- Man charged in year-old double murder in Winnipeg (canada.com)
- Case of Stafford slaying co-accused held over (cbc.ca)
- Sentencing for Federal Way stabbing death (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Rodney Alcala is A Monster, Pedophile & Child Killer: Do Not Spare His Life. (artopia444.wordpress.com)
- Clemency denied for Spokane police officer killer (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Jihad Jane II: second US woman arrested over cartoonist murder plot (telegraph.co.uk)
- Woman, 92, Charged With Murdering OAP Husband (news.sky.com)